Hello Face Painting friends.
I had a lovely job a few weeks ago where I painted a family for a Masquerade Party. I had around 10 minutes per design including talking to them about what they were wearing so my design would complement their clothes, so these were fairly fast designs…Please note that the family had to travel a way to their event so they left their clothes and lipstick off until they were there, so they are slightly unfinished.
I have posted some pictures to inspire you with your own mask designs.
Here are a few tips to help you create your own mask designs:
– Use the figure 8 on its side as guidance, this will give you a good indication of a flattering mask shape that suits all face shapes.
– Use techniques you are comfortable with. This will allow you to confidently create a design on the spot, showcasing your strengths.
– Practice working out designs on your practice head to get an idea of how the shapes will flow on the face.
– Have some fun and replicate the outfit worn by the person.
– Google “masks” in google images online to get inspired by a huge array of mask designs.
– think outside the square – a snake wrapped around the eyes could become a suitable mask.
here are some designs from the family I painted, and a few extra I have painted recently.
Please sign up here for latest news to receive occasional updates and details about my workshops, blogs and videos.
Visit Ambah’s youtube channel here.
Ambah travels throughout Australia and Internationally to teach. Please contact Ambah if you are interested in workshops in your area: email@example.com
I look forward to hearing your comments,tips and questions, please leave your comments below.